ElizabethN

The Safe-Keeper's Secret
Sharon Shinn
The Virtuous Vampire
Monette Michaels
Sun, Sand, Sex (includes Pride, #2.5)
Linda Lael Miller, Jennifer Apodaca, Shelly Laurenston, Shelly Laurenston Linda Miller Jennifer Apodaca
Halfway to the Grave
Jeaniene Frost
Choosing Riley (Sarafin Warriors, #1) - S.E.  Smith I haven't read a S.E. Smith story that didn't have me crying, laughing and cheering as I read. Choosing Riley definitely hit those emotions and kept me turning the pages for more. Riley and Vox are two "larger-than-life" characters who deserve each other. Poor, smooth Vox having to do all the chasing and always losing his cool around Riley. Riley who just wants to go home, by any means necessary, so that she doesn't turn into an alien and/or die, like the secondary character in an alien movie. By the end of the book, Riley realizes what we've known all along, she's the heroine not the secondary character. Speaking of secondary characters, appearances are made by familiar faces from the Dragon Lords of Valdier stories. And, as always new characters step from the pages, practically demanding that their story be told - Viper especially, although several other males deserve mates from earth. Plus someone Curizon, Sarafin or Valdier must be up the pleasure and pain of loving Riley's grandmother. Vox's brothers also need to be careful, payback will happen once he realizes what they're doing.Definitely looking forward to the next installments in the Sarafin Warriors and Valdier Dragons, and maybe those clever Curizons will get a series. Choosing Riley is a keeper that I'd already be re-reading start to finish if I didn't need a few hours of sleep. Cross-posted Goodreads, Amazon.