ElizabethN

The Safe-Keeper's Secret
Sharon Shinn
The Virtuous Vampire
Monette Michaels
Sun, Sand, Sex (includes Pride, #2.5)
Linda Lael Miller, Jennifer Apodaca, Shelly Laurenston, Shelly Laurenston Linda Miller Jennifer Apodaca
Halfway to the Grave
Jeaniene Frost
Gracie's Touch (Zion Warriors, Book 1) - S.E.  Smith (cross-posted on Amazon)I stumbled upon this author's works and quickly devoured them, which left me hoping for new stories with more strong and intelligent women, tough but romantic men and loads of fascinating secondary characters that just demand their own tales.So when I discovered that a new series was starting, I definitely spent the time anticipating release day, hoping that the author was going to create another story for my "favorites" collection. And she did.The story held my attention from the introduction of Gracie in her time and Kordon in his, to their meeting and through all the ups and downs until the end was reached. Plus some very hot scenes once the two come together.Then I had to go back and read it again. I already want to see more of Kordon's brothers and friends and Krac. And I definitely want to see more strong, independent female earthlings changing the mindsets of certain Zion warriors. Maybe others like Gracie are so busy with their lives and concerns that they don't have the time to waste flirting and chasing after Zion males.After much debate, a 4 star rating rather than a 5. Perhaps a future story will explain how the "offspring" of the Alluthans are running around the confederacy and yet no one was aware of the Alluthan threat. How did Gracie hold onto her sanity for 3 years, most would probably have lasted only a few weeks. Still a few grammatical errors and word choices but most I didn't even notice until the second read-thru. But the author already has control of the important elements of storytelling like plot, characters and world-building. And each new story has had fewer errors than the previous one.A very enjoyable read. Now I don't know whether to hope for another book in this series soon when I'm already waiting for upcoming releases in some of the other series.